The New Rittal AX/KX Enclosure Line
Building upon a legacy of innovation, Rittal recently launched the new AX/KX line of industrial enclosures. Designed with industry 4.0 and automation in mind, the AX and KX feature modular design, improved cut-outs, and larger gland plates, creating 30% more space for cables and improving upon the design of their predecessors.
AX Fiberglass Enclosures
Thanks to having seven times greater UV resistance – confirmed by an F1 rating to UL 746C – alongside further benefits such as an integrated drip shield to protect against rain and stable stainless steel hinges, the AX fiberglass enclosure series is purpose-built for outdoor applications and can be used in even the toughest environments.
Ideal applications for the AX fiberglass include:
Maritime - Extreme ambient conditions place particular demands on the material and surface properties of an enclosure. The AX fiberglass enclosure offers corrosion protection and is resistant to UV radiation, salt, and salty air.
Wastewater management - Especially in this field, enclosures are exposed to various damaging influences, for example aggressive vapours which can attack the material. The fiberglass enclosure offers optimum protection as against wind, weather, and UV radiation.
Railway technology - Thanks to its robust material and stable construction, the fiberglass enclosure withstands aggressive environments, dampness, and all arising pressure/suction forces.
Airports - The fiberglass enclosure withstands UV radiation, rain, snow, and storms and offers protection against flying debris such as tire wear particles.
- A variety of different enclosure variants, with or without viewing panels
- Symmetrical layout means the enclosure is easily rotated through 180°
- Double seal with an integral rain protection strip on the top and bottom edge of the door to protect the seal from dust and rainwater
- Fiberglass material has a high level of UV resistance
- Wall mounting brackets are easily secured from the outside while retaining the UL approval
- The pole clamp may be screw-fastened directly into the external threaded inserts
- The mounting plate is easily screw fastened onto the pre-assembled bolts from the front
- Simple earthing of the mounting plate, even retrospectively, using machined keyholes with pitch pattern markings
- Gland plates attached from the outside
- Simple machining
- Fast assembly and installation
- Optimized interior installation
- Simplified handling
- Simple wall mounting
- International protection categories
- Automatic potential equalization
Click here for additional information on the Rittal AX/KX Enclosure line.