Network enabled UPS solutions from Phoenix Contact are here! The new QUINT DC UPS platform provides UPS solutions that are easy to integrate directly into Ethernet/IP, PROFINET and EtherCAT programming environments. Pre-built configuration files are downloadable for the most popular control platforms.
The QUINT DC UPS is an intelligent modular solution that provides critical system-backup voltage to supply loads in the event of mains failure and indicates the operating and battery state. The battery management system (BMS) with IQ technology and a powerful battery charger ensures power reliability within a control system. Device variants are each available with Industrial Ethernet network interfaces (EtherNet/IPTM, PROFINET, EtherCAT®) and USB or simply status contacts only. Networking enables the system to be monitored, configured, or shut down in a safe manner from any location.
Predictive maintenance is available anywhere there is a network connection. In the event of mains failure, a reliable supply is ensured for system functions at all times. With advanced battery monitoring, the state of the battery is always known, and indications can be sent when it is time to change the battery before it fails.
Key features and benefits
• IQ technology with an advanced battery management system (BMS) allows end users
to know the remaining backup time and the life expectancy of the battery
• Integrated Industrial Ethernet network protocols such as EtherNet/IPTM, PROFINET,
EtherCAT® and USB allow for easy network connection and remote monitoring
• Easy integration with Logix Designer, TIA Portal, and TwinCAT3 software platforms
• The battery start function activates the UPS and load for system testing without the mains
voltage being present
• A powerful battery charging circuit allows for faster charging of batteries and larger capacity
batteries to be integrated
• Compact design allows for decentralized UPS solutions to be placed directly in a control
cabinet and save space over traditional UPS solutions
• SFB technology trips standard thermal-magnetic circuit breakers to prevent DC bus failure
• A dynamic power boost capability of up to 200 percent for five seconds allows for current-hungry
loads to start up without causing the DC bus voltage to collapse
• A static power boost level of up to 125 percent
• Built-in Ethernet switch to simplify network layout
Contact us today to learn more!